Lavender is so fragrant and also a beautiful colour. It inspired me to make these gift items.
This is how I made the flowers and leaves to embellish the teashower:
3mm Crochet Hook
4ply Premier Cotton 001 White, 028 Moss, 071 Lilac and 020 Butter.
Method for Flower:
- Make a magic ring or if you prefer ch 6 and work a slst into first ch to make a ring.
- Ch 1 to represent first sc. Work 11 sc into ring and work slst into first ch = 12sc
- *Ch 2, 3dc into next st, ch 2 ,slst into next st *You have completed your first petal.
- Repeat from* to * five times and anchor your last ch by working a slst into the first ch in this round. Fasten off your thread.
- Carefully adjust the size of your magic ring and work away yarn tails.
- Make two similar flowers (see photograph for my colour selection) and stitch them together to add fullness.
Method for Leaf:
- Ch 9
- 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1 dc in next 3 ch, 1 sc in next 2 ch, 1 sl st in next ch, 3sl sts in last ch.
- Going around foundation chain to other side, 1 sl st in next ch, 1sl st in nex 2 ch, 1 dc in next 3 ch, 1 sc in next ch, tie off.
dc double crochet
sc single crochet
slst slip stitch