- New Arrivals
- Best Sales
11 count white Aida
No 22 tapestry needle
DMC Article 117 Stranded Cotton:
- 304 darkest shade,
- 3705 medium
- 3703 light.
- The lettering was worked in 963.
It is advisable to use three strands of DMC Article 117 Stranded Cotton to work the design.
Use the picture as a guide and fill the heart with stripes of colour or fill in the heart anyway you like.
Happy Valentine Day to you all from The Craft Gallery.
How to download this free pattern.
Click on “Add to Cart” and proceed through checkout as if making a purchase but no payment is required.
An email will be sent to you.
Click on the word (download) in your email while connected to the internet and your free pattern will download.
This chatelaine is a project for 10 – 16 year olds.
In the course of making this chatelaine you will learn
- how to assemble your basic chatelaine,
- attach bias binding using Slip Stitch,
- work a cross stitch design from a chart,
- transfer a design on to a pocket,
- attach a sequin,
- how to do Blanket stitch on an edge,
- Back stitch on Aida,
- make a needle case and embroider it with gingham embroidery, which is sometimes referred to as ‘chicken scratch’.
The Tree Top Angel is professionally printed in colour onto fabric from an original watercolour painted by Vyvyan.
Embellish this with embroidery stitches beads and stars.
A guide of which stitch to use where is included as well as comprehensive instructions on how to put her together.